A WILD GALLOP THROUGH THE UNITED KINGDOM.
HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Knights of the Island is kicking off for the 5th time in 2020 after four amazing tours in 2016, 2017,2018 & 2019. Be an adventurer on this awesome adventure rally and experience Britain in a way you never have before!
Only a limited number of teams will be permitted to roll out at our Brussels launch. So, don’t just sit around sipping tea – sign up and get going!
Application Period for 2020
The application for Knights of the Island 2020 opens at August 6th 2019.
Rally Start 2020
May 9, 2020, in Brussels, Belgium
The official rally start will take place in the heart of the European capital, Brussels. The starting event begins at 10 a.m. (ECT)
Finish Line 2020
May 18, 2020 in Edinburgh, Scotland
The Scottish capital of Edinburgh will be our backdrop as we celebrate the successful conclusion of the 5th edition of Knights of the Island with a huge party and, of course, an awards ceremony.
Recommended Route of Return
Take the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. All teams looking for a relaxed and comfortable way to get back to the European mainland the day after reaching the finish line should consider hopping on the ferry to Amsterdam from Newcastle (90 km south of the Scottish border). DFDS Seaways sails the route daily in the late afternoon. Be sure to book in advance.
Collect €500 for great charity projects from our charity partner Movember.
The money goes to projects that Movember has carefully vetted to ensure that all contributions go where they should—to the people who truly need them.
Charity donations can be collected any time from the date you sign up to the moment you cross the Finish Line. More
Modern Classics & Vintage Rides
20+ years old (incl. date of manufacture 12/2000)
20+ years old (incl. date of manufacture 12/2000) – a two-wheeler team can consist of no more than 2 bikes
20+ years old (incl. date of manufacture 12/2000) – RVs are not permitted
There is no designated maximum value for your rally vehicle.
You can still sign up even if you haven’t gotten your vehicle yet. You have until the start of the rally to find your perfect set of wheels.
How many people can a team have?
There is no upper limit, but you all have to fit in the vehicle, of course!
No GPS, no satnav, no motorways, more adventure!
To make sure the teams get a chance to share their tales of ye olde British adventure with one another, we’re arranging an official party stop along the way for all you fine lords and ladies. The Roadbook will tell you exactly where to tie up your horse.
This rally ain’t about speed. In your Roadbook you’ll find some tasks that’ll have you diving deeper into your adventure. Each team will receive a Roadbook at the rally start in Brussels.
The winner of the Knights of the Island Roadbook Competition will earn a starting spot on another S.A.C rally of their choice.
Scope of Services
- Planning and organizational support
- Your own team page on the S.A.C. website
- SAC Track: The official S.A.C live tracking app
- Public relations for the rally
- S.A.C. will be your point of contact for any questions or difficulties during the rally.
- Official rally starting event in Brussels (Belgium)
- Finish line in Edinburgh (Scotland) with an awards ceremony and Finish Line Party
- Party halfway through in an awesome location
- Rally kit, including everything that an official rally needs: rally-vehicle branding materials with official Knights of the Island logos and rally numbers; rally T-shirts; stickers; and merchandising. The rally kit will be sent out to each team 2 months prior to the start.
- Roadbook: Grab the opportunity to dive into a deeper level of adventure by taking on some of the activities offered in the Roadbook. A Roadbook will be handed out to each team at the start in Brussels.
- Certificate of participation
- Not included in the application fee: accommodation, food and technical support are borne by the team itself.
How much does it cost?
The application fee for the Knights of the Island 2019 is €890 for a two-person team. The charge for each additional team member is €250.
In order for an application for the Knights of the Island to be valid, the fee must be transferred to the S.A.C. registration account within 2 working days of a successful online registration.
Any additional team members can be signed up as late as two months prior to the rally start.
The sign-up fee does not include the €500 charitable donation.